Wednesday, March 11, 2009

a coupla questions...

...for my mother, the biggest loser.*

1. can i count blinking as sleeping?
2. can i count bouncing my knees in anxiety as exercise?
3. can i count flat unleaded diet coke as water?
4. can i count bread pudding as a fruit? (pretend it has raisins...)
5. can i count water drunk after midnight towards the next day?



*no i do not actually think my mother is a loser. she rocks. we're contesting here, people, back off. :) speaking of contesting, i hate this contest. i gave up sweets, caffeinated beverages (i miss you, dc!) AND started drinking more water, eating more fruits and veggies, and exercising more often; i GAINED weight. last week i ate snickers and butterfinger bars for lunch 3 days/week AND ate dessert every night and i LOST weight. what. the. hell?!!

7 comments:

Julie Bradshaw said...

Water retention is a beast for weight loss. Try alternating water with a sport's drink. Plus, sugar and caffeine kills my appetite, so you're probably eating less when you are relying on sugar. You may have gained weight, but your body was probably thanking you. Be patient! Sometimes weight loss is delayed...so maybe that weight loss during the candy week was actually from your "good" week. :)

I also love that you said hell in a post addressed to your mother.

Lola said...

that happens to me, too! I always eat more and gain weight when I go on a "health kick" because healthy food only keeps you full for like 3 minutes! Argh. This is me, feeling your pain.

Sherry Carpet said...

bwahahahahaha! it's the universe telling you to have more fun and eat les veg. maybe?

Nicea said...

Blame Dad. I do. The weekend he was home for my b-day, I only lost a quarter of a pound. This time he's home longer and I've GAINED a pound.


That corrolates to a quarter pound gained for every three days he's home.

Shawn said...

I didn't cut out sweets yet and I've lost weight. Well, I'm not really sure anymore. I may have gained it all back on recent trip spent eating my way through Utah and Colorado. But Annie! When we have a hug at the reunion, let's tell each other how skinny the other one feels no matter what, k?

Nicea said...

1. no, you little goofus
2. what the...?
3. silly gril
4. just put the raisins in it. and watch the calories double. or pretend. suit yourself. but if you pretend there's raisins in it, then I suggest you only pretend to eat it, too. I'm just sayin'.
5. yes.

miss kitti said...

You gave up dc and sweets? Are you even human? I didn't know that was possible. What does it feel like? Can you leap buildings in a single bound?

Ooohh, my word verification is "fatties". Now that's not very nice. I'm taking my ball and going home.