Tuesday, January 27, 2009

what i did at work today - part 3

9 ish am - took cab to airport
11:20 am - flew to indianapolis and actually used the airplane bathroom. (ew)
1:30 pm - stood in line for rental car (aka the BIG suv, no minivans allowed)
2:30 finally arrived at the conrad hilton.
2:31 was greeted by jd (the valet), who remembered me from my month-long stay for the trial in may and noticed that my hair is now much shorter.
3:30 pm ate lunch (this is different. i don't usually take lunch)
4ish was greeted by kevin, who also remembered me from may, noticed my haircut and remembered that i like sprite zero and plain m&ms.
4:30 ish tried to log into the sidley network. hours later, i finally have access to the sidley network.
7:30 pm went to home depot to buy shelves for the war room
8:30 pm - went to dinner at mo's, a place for steaks. (i had the tuna)
10pm back to the war room to check on the exhibit downloads. they've timed out.
12:25 am - i am now watching letterman while STILL waiting for all the exhibits to download so i can get them to our vendor to blow back in binders to give to the judge. i'm tired. and my phone doesn't work. but this hotel is pretty sweet.

6 comments:

Aaron said...

Ah, the exhilirating life of a paralegal! Makes my accountant worklife seem pretty mundane. Oh wait, that's the definition of an accountant's worklife. Anyways, have fun in Indianapolis!

Ashley C said...

Ugh - I'm sorry hon, it does not sound like you are going to have a fun few weeks out there. But hopefuly everything will go well and you get to come home soon!

Nicea said...

I don't know what to say. Your life as a paralegal could fit into a movie along the lines of "The Devil Wears Prada," where the little guy knocks herself out to make the big guys look good! You do have a way of making others look good. That's not a bad thing. Enjoy Indianapolis, if you can!

The newly crowned Miss America is from Indiana. I just threw that in. :>)

Rachel said...

I once felt your pain. I am most sorry.

Hope everything goes well...

Shawn said...

Sweet hotels are good and can sometimes make up for all the other crap. And a change of pace can be good sometimes, right? And by the way, I forgot to tell you that I love your new hair!

abbyjane said...

Ummm...what's a war room?