Monday, April 6, 2009

livin on a prayer

apparently bon jovi makes me run faster. he's gotten me through a half marathon, my 9-mile leg of the ragnar relay and now, the cherry blossom 10 miler.

sunday was a gorgeous day for a run around the monuments, through streets turned pink with cherry blossoms. but i was rather unprepared. i didn't drink enough water on saturday. i stopped sweating around mile 4 or 5. i didn't train and so around mile 8, i really wanted to quit. but i didn't. (bless those that cheer for runners other than their own). i am now sore. very very sore.
also, i decided that my friends need to tell me when they're running races so i can cheer for them. and then i'll tell them when i'm running and they can cheer for me. because 10 miles gets kind of lonely all alone with only the finish line to look forward to. and at about mile 8, pretending other peoples' signs and "go runner!" cheers were just for me, just didn't cut it anymore. BUT, that said, it was a great race and i had mucho funno. i even managed to scrape in just under my goal time. can i get a woot!woot!

so, anyway, when's your next race?

mine's april 24-25. we'll be comin into dc sometime the morning/afternoon of the 25th. i'll keep ya posted.

4 comments:

Marissa said...

I wanted to come heckle you on the streets of the District, but unfortunately I was passed out (in every meaning of the phrase) on DeEtte's couch...

Next time - I will be there to awkwardly chant something about rocking it and owning the hills... perhaps even a Gedicks reference so that you, not just the other Annie's feel loved...

Jamie said...

You're awesome.

Aaron said...

Wow, that was a quick band name update. I will be happy to cheer you on, and you're welcome to cheer me on. Let's exchange race schedules!

Nicea said...

I am in awe of runners.