Tuesday, April 14, 2009

qotd

that stands for quote of the day. in case you were wondering.
"apparently, filing tax returns is one of those strange laws they expect you to keep when you work in goverment. apparently, no one told the president before he started picking out appointees. but, based on recent events... that whole 'file on time' is sort of a guideline masquerading as a law. it's like the pirate code."
-jennifer gonzalez


but then...we all know what happens to pirates...

i'll be filing my taxes tonight.

4 comments:

Shawn said...

Take yer time. No big deal.

annie said...

eh, i already got em done. i enjoyed getting them done. not actually doing them, but getting them done. it's one of those things that makes me feel like an adult. you'd think age would, but it doesn't. :)

miss kitti said...

I love "the pirate code".

So true. Age has nothing to do with how I feel. For years after getting married I still felt like I was playing house. Is that weird?

Nicea said...

Annie and Miss K: Age really doesn't do it, does it. Here I am at my age feeling every bit an adult, as well as a grandmother, yet as young at heart as I ever have. And I'm hoping it doesn't come across to others as immaturity. It's just that age is so irrelevant in the cosmic scheme of things. I know I have to be old, but I have no desire to settle in to oldness.