Wednesday, September 2, 2009

finders keepers

i love finding things in unexpected places...under my bed...in the refrigerator...the top of the closet...my bathroom drawer...in my pockets.

i've been looking for my driver's license for a good 2 weeks, now. i'm also missing my social security card. if you find one floating around with last four digits...

ha! i'm not THAT stupid.

anyway, after searching high and low and in between,* through several purses, a number of wallets, several skirts, and laundry clean and dirty, i finally found my license in the pocket of a suit jacket that i last wore at my pgcc interview.** it's one of my faves, the same one i got on sale for $4 (i know, right?!) at dillards and wore for my mfa lecture and orals, but i don't often have occasion to wear it unless there are clients in the office. no idea why i put my license in my pocket instead of in my wallet, but there it was, keeping mr. lincoln company. and then i found some washingtons partying in the other pocket.

it was a good day.



*which i often have to do because i don't put (or throw) things away, i put them in piles (or bags or boxes or containers) for later. so i have shopping bags full of old mail to sort, documents to file away, random receipts i felt compelled to save, ticket stubs, pairs of earrings, bracelets that bugged me so i took them off, magazine subscriptions to send off, tickets to pay, etc. etc. etc.

**this interview went VERY well, in my opinion, and i think they agreed since they hired me and i'm now teaching 3 sections of art appreciation.

4 comments:

Jana Brookes said...

great day!! love finding partying washingtons and such!!

Shawn said...

Great post! Glad you found your license--gladder you found $--gladdest you have a teaching job!

annie said...

auntie, great use of "good, better, best." maybe you weren't thinking of that talk, but i'm going to pretend you were becuase you're so righteous.

Amy M said...

Congrats on getting the teaching position! That is super news, Annie. I love reading your blog. It is so witty and hilarious. Thanks for allowing me to live the single life vicariously through your blog.