Tuesday, August 19, 2008

my must-haves

i started to write a comment on miss kitti's post, but it outgrew the comment section, so i decided to make it my own. imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, right?  so here are my weaknesses. i will also steal everyone else's comments, especially the electrolysis. never shave again? sign me up.  i also wish i didn't have to sleep or eat. except i really like food (lately in strange combinations) so that one would never work. 

but really, aside from diet coke (totally a headache cure, kitti, i'm with you all the way) i have a major weakness for sports equipment and art supplies.  i love love love buying running clothes and shoes, backpacking and camping gear, swimming stuff...you name it. it's an investment, no? (so i tell myself when the credit card bill comes. and then i comfort myself with thoughts of the frequent flier miles i earned with each "investment.") i most recently indulged in climbing shoes and a harness. boxing gloves are probably next; i already have the wraps. but i need a place to box. (details, details) i entertained the idea of buying a punching bag, but i have no place to hang it. i most desperately want a bicycle. a hybrid. yes, yes, i already own a serviceable bike...from 1993. and i'm not exaggerating. i bought it with the money i saved from my paper route. so i deserve a new one. especially since i've worked so much overtime lately...

it is literally impossible for me to go into an art store and come out empty-handed. (i think i've done it once, but i was with a friend. and she bought some items that i'd helped her pick out, so it doesn't count. i will always find some paint, pens, squeegee, paper, paint, chalk pastels, pencils, sketchbooks, book cloth, paint, wood, stretchers, paint, canvas, fabric, paint or some kind of goo that makes something else do something cool. i would love a printing press. this one. i did recently acquire a studio. that deserves a post all its very own. oh, did i mention paint? 

also, i wish i could sing. like really belt it like aretha or a fine frenzy. ok she doesn't really belt it cause it's not her style. but she could if she wanted.

8 comments:

Marc said...

must haves... a great job as a legal assistant at a top D.C. law firm. Oh wait... you already HAVE that silly!

annie said...

oh you're SO funny.

ps how do you do italics in the comments?

Marc said...

Yeah Annie... boxing gloves are a must-have... as is spam.

miss kitti said...

Oh, I so love this post. I want to hear the strange food combinations. My fav is reeses cups with fruit flavored frozen yogurt.

I really hope you get a printing press so I can say I have family with a printing press.

And I want to sing too!

Sherry Carpet said...

oh, call on me, call on me!!!

get one of those free standing punching bags. they don't fracture your wrist and you don't have to hang them! unless you want to be another million dollar baby, in which case, go ahead and sacrifice your body. i hear pain builds character (but i wouldn't know).

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
annie said...

miss kitti - strange food combinations include hummus with string cheese, peanut butter and cheddar cheese sandwiches, cottage cheese with salsa, and my absolute favorite - chocolate banana mint shakes with oreos. mmmmm...

Nicea said...

I think the combinations sound really good! Well, except for the peanut butter and cheddar sandwiches. Cottage cheese and salsa. Yummmm. Oreos and chocolate banana mint? What's not to love? Are we related?