Tuesday, August 26, 2008

changed my life...

i've had a major breakthrough. the yellow ones DO stop. i'd been going to the wrong bus stop. manda and her friend abby were witnesses to the life-changing event. they were going to work with my roommate, nikki, who was taking them on a tour of the capitol and we were all walking out to meet the bus together. i started to turn left to head for my loathsome bus and nikki said, i go this way. so we went with her and lo and behold straight down the sidewalk and across the street from my lousy stop, but sneakily hidden* by some trees was a stop that served two, that's right, two buses - an express and a local - that run every 5-10 minutes and get to the metro in 10-15 minutes. and right down the street from that is another local bus. so now there are three ways for me to be lazy. i still like to walk now and then, but it's so nice not to show up to work a sweaty mess; and i think my coworkers appreciate it, too. thank you, nikki, for changing my life.


*i know some of you who live around here will be tempted to scoff and say, how could you NOT know about this stop? how could you even think it's hidden? but, to you i say, can it. and then i say, go down the stairs in the archway and glance to the right. can you see the bus stop? well, i couldn't. now look left. see? see? and if you're reading this in the winter, when there are no leaves on the trees, you're cheating.

3 comments:

Aaron said...

You rock the party that rocks the party. And if you ever need a ride home, the offer is on the table...

Nicea said...

If I weren't Annie's mother and didn't know how incredibly wonderful a person she is, I would probably tease her about how she didn't see the bus stop right in front of our house either, when she was in elementary school, and rode right past it, not realizing until a couple of stops later what she'd done. But I am her mom and I do know how incredibly wonderful she is, so I won't tease.

annie said...

mom, i was already ON that bus. i didn't see the stop cause i was reading a super-good book. not cause i didn't know where it was. geez. and it was only ONE stop later and it was only a block away from our house. so thbbbbt. :) but thanks for calling me an incredibly wonderful person. love you.