Monday, May 17, 2010

to all my friends:


now i know who you are.

i kid.

thanks for coming!

i think i had more people show up than any of the other artists (because, yes, this is a popularity contest).

thank you for walking in the rain (10 blocks if you rode with genius me) and battling traffic and searching for non-existent parking and your well-wishes and asking great questions and being interested and showing up and liking (or at least pretending to like) my art.

you made the show great.

see you in june at the closing!

7 comments:

Shawn said...

Sorry I couldn't make it but I would have had to walk waaaaaayyyy more than ten blocks. Glad it went well.

Sherry Carpet said...

can you post some pictures of any of your pieces?

Nicea said...

I'm glad it went so well! And above all, I'm glad you won the popularity portion of the event because we all know that that's what it's all about.

Jana Brookes said...

well, i totally would have come too, but like shawn, live waaaaayyyy more than ten blocks. and have had sick kids, and a birthday for one, and her baptism coming, and having a birthday coming up for another. man, i'm too busy, but i hope we can still be friends?!

JD said...

do lazy and "petrified by No Country for Old Men" count as legitimate reasons?

Amanda Moore said...

I'm so sad I can go! I would have walked ten miles up hill both ways with no shoes on in the snow to see that.

tali said...

well, walking ten blocks in the rain really pushed the limits of our friendship- but what doesn't kill the relationship only makes it stronger, eh? We're so happy for your popularity and artistic brilliance!! I'm glad I could be there!